Question of the Month

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:49:27 -0400 (EDT)

Question Of The Month

When a grand piano (no matter what brand) and a cat (actually a kitten) get
in a fight, who wins?

While you are formulating your answer (just like on Jeopardy), let me tell
you the story.

I recently had a customer call to get a tuning and "minor" repair on their
lovely grand piano. The dampers weren't working properly. Little did I know!

When I arrived at the home (after making the appointment well in advance),
what I
discovered was that their new kitten had decided to get up in the piano and
attack all the felt pads of the dampers that it could reach (fortunately,
only the flat felts). Of course I didn't get to see the kitten (I assume it
is still alive). What I did get was a big ball of wool, along with many
pieces of wool under the strings and plate on the soundboard.

So -- who wins when a cat and grand piano fight? Why, the technician, that's
who!

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA