Do yellow pages pay?

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 12:53:42 -0500

It used to be  that if  a phone was used for business purposes, even
out of the home, even part time, you had to pay the business rate,
whether you wanted a YP listing or not.  If it hasn't changed that's
one more little legal ding some might worry about. .  A call to the
business office should set you straight as to  the requirements in
your area.  I would guess that if you deduct phone expenses in
Schedule C, and don't pay the business rate, Ma Bell might consider
herself cheated. And as it is said, " A woman scorned is a seathing
vessel". (I think that's how it goes)  They should not be so nasty as
to bill you retroactively, even though you thought "part time" was
exempt, besides she would have to know.
Richard Moody
	ps  Any body remember disconnecting the bell ring wire in that
"illegal" extension? and the reason?