New Player Pianos

Marcel Carey mcpiano@multi-medias.ca
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 22:26:40 -0400

At 10:41 97-04-27 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Jon,
>
>Same here on the Disklavier recommendation."snip"

>The piano is too loud for diners in the immediate vicinity. The management
wants you to fix it so they can turn it down like a stereo, so it's quiet
enough to be ignored...  something to produce subliminal noise, but that's
what they are expecting the instrument to do. It won't, of course, being a
mechanism rather than a speaker, so you may ultimately be forced to retrofit
a muffler rail rather than cripple the system.

Yamaha Diskclaviers come with a remote control that will control volume as
well. Whether the low volume will be low enough for the owners, that is
another quesiton all together.
Marcel Carey, RPT