Query

ETomlinCF3@aol.com ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 02:20:36 -0400 (EDT)

I believe the reason the Yamaha has the wound strings in the treble section
for two notes or so is to smooth the transition from wound to treble strings.
 The voicing can be trouble some.  The bridge is a standard bridge and they
just modified it to help through the transition.

Ed Tomlinson- one mans opinion
Tomlinson Tuning & Repair

<<
 Dear list,
 	Last summer I restrung the wound string section on a Yamaha P- 22 under
 warranty because of a string breakage problem.  It was then that I first
 noticed that the first 2 notes past the bass break into the treble had 2
 string wound unisons across the treble bridge which was pinned for  two 3
 string unisons. Since then I've noticed it is true of all P-22's and on
 some consoles by Yamaha also.  I thought at first it was a new thing but in
 peeking at older P-22's it seems to be a normal thing.  Anyone with a clue
 as to why this attribute is here on these pianos.
 Thanks,
 James Grebe in St. Louis
 pianoman@inlink.com