New Player Pianos

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 17:28:01 -0700

>Hi Marcel,
>
>That volume control lifts the hammer rail below a certain setting. It's
>hard on the butts in the long run and usually doesn't reduce the volume
>enough to meet the expectations. Also, when the player is turned off with
>the volume at the lowest setting, the
>
> hammer rail stays up. When an actual human sits down to play it, they
>raise hell about the touch, and you get an irate call about what a dog the
>piano is. You have to explain over the phone that they need to turn on the
>player, raise the volume level, an
>
>d turn it back off to heal it up. Be prepared to do this about ten times
>the first year. If the piano comes with a muffler rail, that's the way to
>go. Like Keith says, you will have the full volume range at your disposal.
>

> Ron Nossaman

After checking our MX100 on the floor (the latest series, just unboxed
yesterday) I found that when turning the volume down, the hammer rest rail
does indeed engage, but when the power is turned off, returns to normal
position.  No pianist should have any problem with the existing system.

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com
 "Work is love made visible.  And if you cannot work with love but only
with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the
gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy."
-Kahlil Gibran