credit card sales

barre41 barre46@ibm.net
Sat, 02 Aug 1997 00:41:25 -0500

Larry Fisher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some folks want to use their credit cards to pay for the services I offer.

Wow! What an idea! I have to believe that in this day and age that some
technicians somewhere are set up to accept credit card payments. The
process to get set up is simple enough. I did it once in another
business. You should be able to call the credit card department of a
major bank and tell them what you want and they can fix you up. The
biggest downside is that every transaction you will be charged a fee
which is I believe is 5% of the total. The upside is that this puts you
in a position to offer credit sales  without any further hassle.

I am far from being an ezpert in this area and there may be some other
pitfalls that I am not aware of, but what business does not have some of
these? it does make sense to talk to the credit card people and see what
they say.

Norm Barrett
Memphis, TN