Credit Card Acceptance-checks

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Sun, 03 Aug 1997 21:39:40 -0500

Wallace Scherer wrote:

> I haven't had the opportunity to ask for a credit card check, but it
> seems
> like a good practice - if - What happens if they are at their limit on
>
> their card? Will the check bounce?

No, the check will clear and they will get hit with a $20.00 per month
overlimit fee on their bill until they get it paid down below their
credit limit.  Incidentally, if they pay it down promptly, the credit
card company usually figures they are a good risk and increases their
credit limit.

> Anyway, as was stated, most piano owners who care about their
> instruments
> will not fall into this category of the population.

I've really found that to be true, especially compared to the insurance
business.  I've not had one bad check in the 3 years I've done this full
time.  While in college, I discussed this with my instructor, Jim
Geiger.  He says he's only had 1 bad check since 1954.  Certainly better
than I've seen eslewhere in business!

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter