SAT question

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 04 Aug 1997 13:37:51 -0700 (MST)

Hi James:

In my opinion at this moment, the midi is not as important as the other
features of the SAT. They are now offering 200 memory as standard in
the SAT III. The things for which I used midi before were the ability
to change a regular tuning into an historical tuning on the spot or to
store a large volume of special tunings. I've had 173 mem in my SAT II
and still haven't used all of them after 4 years, so I think 200 should
be plenty for anyone. The new capability of the FAC with its variations
is a very good benefit and is much more simple to use than my adding to
stretch numbers. I believe it should be quite adequate for you.

If you are only getting 3 tunings per battery charge, you may be ready
for a new battery on your old unit.  I tune all week long between
chargings, then I charge it overnight.

Jim Coleman, Sr.