Tune-offs

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Tue, 05 Aug 1997 13:43:11 -0700 (MST)

Hi Wallace:

Both pianos A and B were mine and were tuned identically with the
pure 5ths system. What you were hearing may have been voicing
differences. Piano A was in the process of being raised in pitch
while piano B was in the process of lowering. Pian D was the undisputed
winner. Virgil commanded 57% while I received only 43%.

It would be nice to hear evaluations from others who were in attendance.
I was so busy playing, I didn't really have time to listen to the
pianos.

Jim Coleman, Sr.