responsibility

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Tue, 05 Aug 1997 15:09:40 -0600

At 10:02 PM 8/4/97, you wrote:
>Piano brethren,
>	Now that you all have the background (except the obvious .... the maker), I
>would now like to offer the following for your musings. Where does the
manufacturers/
>dealers/ owners responsibilities begin and end?

The manufacturer warrants the product, not the process. The dealer warrants
the process, and you warrant the service.
That means that in dealing with the customer in the home, the
responsibility is yours. DO NOT pull your punches with the maker or the
dealer. If a customer does not TELL you that they are unhappy, how are you
to know? Who's fault is it then?

 I have on a
>number of occasions gone on exploritory service calls requested by the
customer
>where I have eaten the time because of the grey area of , who pays?

Why? Either the customer pays, or you offer to collect from the dealer.

>	I am anxious to hear your perceptions, suggestions, recommendations or
>furthur musings on this subject.  I am NOT, however, interested in any
flames as this
>post is not meant to offend anyone.  That said          have at it all!!!!
>				Kindest regards,
>					Greg Newell

Greg, depending on the manufacturer, some service is paid by the dealer,
and some is manufacturer warranty. No matter what, the customer will place
a value on YOU, that is likely based on what you think you are worth. If
you cut yourself short, it can be difficult to regain ANY real value
(worth) in the customer's eyes. I recently had to respond to a customer's
inquiry on an insurance job, where the customer asked "How and How Much are
you getting for this?" My response was  "I'll bill the appropriate
party....a lot." Point is, that it doesn't always matter who's
responsible......but it stops with you. You're the guy, the healer, the ONE
who is going to return life to what it's supposed to be, and that THEY can
count on you. That's YOUR resposibility.
guy
Guy Nichols, RPT
nicho@lascruces.com
	"Irreversablility is the mechanism by which order is wrought from chaos"
						Prigigone?