hearing protection

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 10:12:50 -0500

Leslie, it sounds like your plugs are meant for high compression and
protection from certain frequencies.  We need all frequencies, just at a
lower volume.  I suggest that if you don't like your plugs after spending
that much $, that you may be able to go back to the audiologist for a plug
that does what you need it to.  You do need to protect your ears, but you
must be able to hear all frequencies.  Also, does using just the tube lower
the volume, or does it act as a megaphone, possibly doing more harm than
good??
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.