I have heard _the sound_

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:31:34 -0500

At 03:51 PM 8/11/97 -0500, you wrote:

>May you never hear _the sound_.
>
>Kent Swafford

About two weeks ago, my whole family heard _the sound_  of our van throwing
a rod as we traveled back from Florida to Missouri following the
convention.  It is a scary and expensive sound.  Until we can buy a new van
engine, my new service vehicle is a 1979 Oldsmobile 98 with rust spots,
torn upholstery, and a ragged top.  My wife can't believe we are driving it
because it is so ugly.

I have never heard _the sound_ of a plate breaking, but I sympathize with you.

Sincerely,
David

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT
Joplin, Missouri, USA