billing

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:58:33 -0500

Dear Friends,

I did some work tuning and regulating a newer upright piano.  I was pleased
with everything I did except the adjustment of the sostenuto pedal, which
was screwed up to begin with.  After 2 hours of work on the sostenuto, it
is now slightly less bad!  This was my first time ever to work on an
upright sostenuto, and I don't feel good about charging the customer to
learn to do something new, especially when the results were much less than
satisfactory.

How would you handle a situation like this?

I know that a doctor would go ahead and charge, even if his patient didn't
get any better, but I don't feel right in doing that.  My "patient" didn't
get better, and I feel that the customer should pay for results.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
David

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT