I haven't heard _the sound_

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 14:55:13 -0500

Susan,

   I've *heard* it once while I was doing a minor third pitch raise on an
old upright. The second time, I heard *about* it the next day. I had done
a pitch raise of a quarter step or so, on a console (I can't remember the
brand) and the owners heard the sound sometime during the night. Those
both happened 15-20 years ago when I lived in the Biloxi/Gulfport area.
   I sure hope that's it for me!!!!!

Avery

>Several people have told us about the sound (which, thank heavens, I have
>never heard), each time only once ... has anyone had to hear it a second
>time, or several times?
>
>Regards,
>
>Susan

Avery Todd, RPT