Room Dehumidifiers

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 07:59:08 -0500

I live in a very humid place and I find that the H-2 humidistats are not
sensitive enough.  What I have found is that even in a wet situation, you
are constantly having to fill the water tank.  The reason, I believe, is
that the Stat (If you're using the ones set at 48%) senses RH @ 52% and
kicks the DH rods on until it's 46%, then it senses it is too dry, so it
kicks on the humidifier till it's 52%, then it repeats the cycle.  If there
was a tighter variance, it would be so much better.  I use the DH system
all the time w/out the humidifier portion and have had tremendous success,
and my customers like them a lot and notice a big difference.  I have a
room DH in my shop that has been great!!  You can run a water line out of
the room to eliminate the need for the tank.  Mine is an old one and is
noisy.  I don't know about the newer ones.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net