Appraisal

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:17:04 -0500

I believe Larry Fine says that it would be worth approximately 80% of the
cost of a new one.  They sell for around $5000 trashed here, $12-15,000
restored w/out block and board replaced, and about $20,000 rebuilt.  Our
market here is relatively small and depressed.  We can go to Houston or
Dallas and the price goes up a few thousand.  The L retails for $41,100 now
and probably usually sells for about $32,000.  One of my customers got a
new ebony L a few weeks ago for $27,000.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net