Room Dehumidifiers

Don Rose drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 13:33:28 -0600

Hi Thomas,

No question room dehumidifiers work....but they are *very* noisy devils...so
the first thing that happens is they get turned off. And then of
course...the person forgets to turn them on again. They are also *not*
cheap...and they *do* require attention on an almost daily basis for
emptying the tray.

At 08:27 PM 8/17/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I just mentioned to a customer, with measured RH of 72%, that a room
>dehumidifier might be a useful alternative to Dampp Chasers for her two
>grands, 7' and 9'. Since I'm mostly ignorant of dehumidifiers as well as
>current Dampp Chaser systems, I said that I'd put the question to the
>list.
>
>My concerns: although it would be easy to bring home a dehumidifier,
>plug it in, no technician required, there would be a certain amount of
>noise and a tray would have to be emptied(?); DC systems would be more
>expensive, full system would require water tank to be filled (maybe get
>both, empty dehumidifier tray into DC humidifier tank?).
>

>--
>Thomas A. Cole RPT
>Santa Cruz, CA

Regards,