Room Dehumidifiers

Zen Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:50:59 -0400

Greetings!

I'm also no expert on Dampp-Chaser systems, but let me put in my 2-cents
deviation here.  I once heard a rebuilder in Massachusetts say that if a
room is comfortable for you, then it is comfortable for the pianos.  The
problem he had with D-C systems was that they concentrated their 'efforts'
on one side of the piano (the underside in grands, the inside of verticals)
whereas climate control for the entire room meant that the pianos in their
entirety would be subjected to a controlled humidity level and therefore,
would be at an equilibrium at that particular level of humidity.  The D-C
systems do have their places, namely in areas where continuous room-climate
control is impossible such as in churches, auditoriums, etc.

ZR!  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net