Fit Hammers

Michael J. Wathen Michael.wathen@uc.edu
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:00:02 -0400

I noticed that there were a few users of Mac. who tried to download the zip
file. This program is a DOS program.  Perhaps someone else knows of a MAC
program that does the same thing. If it is freeware or shareware they can
send it to me and I will put it up for everyone to download.  If you didn't
get the site here it is again:

http://ucccm56.ccm.uc.edu/sound

Now, that some of you have had a chance to look and hear these files.  What
do you think?  Can you hear the difference in these sound samples?  What do
you see as far as differences between the spectrums and also between the
envelopes?
Which sounds better?  How about the instrument?  Can you tell anything
about it?

Say what you want.  Objectivity is what I am after. I have my own opinions
which I will share after others have submitted theirs.

In the next day or so I will put up a short sound sample from this piano
and ask
if you can tell anything about the instrument.

FYI---The microphone is an AKG (damn good mike). It is resting on a pad on
the harp near the middle of the treble bridge.

http://ucccm56.ccm.uc.edu/sound/index.htm