Dealer's POS

robert sadowski rls@ncinter.net
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 07:15:19 -0400

Dear list,
     We have a local dealer that's especially bad.  They give $300-400 for
trade-in,
spray gold on the tuning pins (which are so loose they won't hold) then put
it on the floor for $2,000-2,500 and call it "reconditioned".  Then the
customer calls me to try & make it sound like something.  The dealer makes
$2,000 - I end up making $100, along with delivering the bad news.  I've
always made it my policy not to bad-mouth anyone.  How do the rest of you
handle it when a potential buyer asks you about a dealer that you've seen
first-hand engaging in shady practices?

Regards,
Bob Sadowski RPT
Erie,PA.