Mice urine

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:58:24 +0000

I have acquired an old Yamaha U1, past home to a family of mice.
They have been using the piano as their bathroom and I am
wondering what is the best way to get rid of the smell/stains if
possible.  Sandblasting the keys?  I will probably replace the
entire action.   Also this piano has numerous nicks and a big
piece missing at the bottom.  Is polyester repair viable for
large pieces of missing veneer or should I repair the veneer and
then repair the polyester?  Maybe I should just bondo and
refinish with lacquer?  Will lacquer bond to polyester?

Thanks in advance...

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA