Duplex scale tuning

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 11:08:52 -0400

Richard Moody wrote:

> If you lost your silly putty to the toddler from last months tuning,
> duct tape on  the aliquoit bars, ( upper duplex bars) will hush the
> sympathetic interference.

I don't like to use tape because too many of them leave some residue of
glue on the strings and some glues promote corrosion, hence, my choise
of Silly Puddy.

Tape choice should be fresh electricians tape because its glue is far
weaker than the tape so it all comes off and does not promote corrosion.

With pianos that I may tune two or three times a week tape residue can
become a real problem.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com