Acronyms

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:19:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols wrote:

> Dear Susan,Thomas, and Bob,
>
> 	I will take the blame for 'POS', (the credit goes to my father), it's NOT
> a typo. It is, rather, very disparaging and contains a foul word for
> excrement. So there. A POS is not always worse than a PSO, because some
> very nice pianos can become PsOS when abused or used-up.
> 	PSO's, on the other hand, are born that way, and only exist to entertain
> piano technicians.
> Guy

Hi, Guy!

It sounds like you father has been seeing some of the same pianos I've
been seeing lately! One further acronym that I use quite frequently
when referring to BOTH pianos AND their owners is PITA. In moments
of real frustration, I occasionally have even been known to  write it
out on a receipt! NO ONE has ever asked me what it means. Perhaps because
they already know! :) LOL, ROTFL, <g>, (practice!)

Les Smith