More hearing protection

Bob Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 19:44:13 -0700

I bought my EAR-15 plugs at the Cal.St.PTG Convention last February.
They cost me $140. I consider it a good investment. I also bought a pair
of full-block plugs for $40 - another good investment. I use the full
block plugs for the usual applications - using power tools, stringing,
etc. I also use them during airplane flights and for driving long
distances. It really makes a difference.

At the PTG convention in Orlando, I discovered a bonus feature of the
EAR-15's. (They attenuate 15 dB.) I went to the hotel lounge with a
group of people after one of the receptions. It was quite loud and we
were yelling at each other to try to be heard. I popped in my plugs and
I could hear my neighbors talking to me. The plugs killed enough of the
deafening background noise to make that possible. They could not hear me
however, yell as I might. I was impressed. I also use the EAR-15's at
movie theaters(where the volume is always too high for comfort.)
Needless to say, I use them for tuning, too.

Bob Anderson
Tucson,AZ