Re More on humidity control

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:53:41 -0500

This whole discussion has encouraged me to study it even further.  I carry
a regular electronic hygrometer with me and have for over ten years.  I've
owned 3 different kinds, one was not electronic.  I know the slings are
accurate.  I am told by several sources that an air conditioner can only
remove about 15-20 % of the moisture.  Also RH changes depending on the
temperature.  Louisiana is very tropical, we are surrounded by water, are
below sea level, and breed mosquitoes to export to most states in the U.S.
I will get more data on LA humidity, avg. home temp., humidity, etc.  I
have learned from this that the U.S. is so varied in climate, and I think
we all learn what works in our area, and assume it would work everywhere.
Winters are very sporadic here.  Occasionally we'll get weather in the
teens, but usually it stays above 40 degrees.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net