Dealer$

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 23:17:36 -0500

----------
> From: rmartin21@juno.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Dealer$
> Date: Tuesday, August 19, 1997 5:11 PM
>
> Rates are always partially dependent on geographics. Not more than
2 1/2
> hours from here tuners are getting $125 for a fee.

An example of "Urban Legands"?

> In this little
> university town the average is below $45. I get $50.I suppose I
could
> raise it very easily, but don't really care.

About what it is here in rural SD

I say if a piano needs more than one hour of tuning, it will
probably need a second tuning within 30 days. But that tuning should
only take 20 minutes or so.  Or something is wrong with the
instrument.
That is a journeyman's opinion, I wonder what Masters have to say?

Richard Moody