Duplex scale tuning

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 00:52:50 -0500

Very True.  No matter what you use, crud from that will find its way
under the strings.  That's why it is important to apply the
tape/substance at the top to the duplex bars and GENTLY work your way
down until the offending noise ceases.  At any rate, some form of
tape worked better than felt stuck between the  strings in the duplex
section, at least for the session that was to happen that day.
	If piano makers would provide a shield over the bars in question,
maybe sneezes, sweat dropplets, dust and grime would not make their
way there and cause the offending noises.  While duct tape is the
soup de jour in studios, I think electricians tape as Newton
suggests, would be a better
choice.

Richard Moody