Room Dehumidifiers vs. Dampp-Chaser

Don Rose drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:14:45 -0600

Hi Richard et al,

At 03:13 AM 8/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>OK now put the humidity guage (and temp guage, (very good, a diff of
>7 degrees F? ) )on top of the soundboard and record the measurement.

I have *done* this on many occasions using a psychometer (one with a little
electric fan)

On a Bechstein 9 ' the results were

room humidity 82%
inside piano about treble tone hole 57%

even allowing for *experimental error of + or - 5% the Dampchaser clear
works. The room I might add is a very large chapel...it would hold 3,000
people So controlling the room is probably impossible.

This piano is equipped with 7 drier bars and 2 humidifiers.

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com
3004 Grant Rd.