Vogue Piano

FRED W TREMPER f.trempe@morehead-st.edu
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:15:00 -0400 (EDT)

Not too long ago there was a message from I forgot who, who wanted to
know about the Vogue piano.  I called our historical geru, Jack
Greenfield, who did some research and came up with the following information:
The Vogue piano was manufactured by the Howard Morenus Piano Company of
LaPort, Indiana, and Chicago.  He started his business in 1929, but only
two years later, in 1931, he stopped production.  His serial numbers were
as follows:

Year  Number
1929  1900
1930  1983
1931  2101

So, it looks like he made only about 200 pianos total.

Hope this helps.

Fred

PS.  As many of you know, the PTG Foundation recently published Jack's "A
History of Midwestern Piano Manufacture."  It contains a wealth of
information, much of it not available anywhere else.  You would be well
advised to purchase a copy.  (Does this sound like a commercial plug?
Well, it is, and I don't care!  So there!)
Fred W. Tremper, RPT
Morehead State University
Morehead, KY 40351
f.trempe@morehead-st.edu