Perfect Pitch, ET vs. WT, tone color

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Sun, 07 Dec 1997 00:57:52 -0600

Vanderhoofven wrote:

> I received an advertisement in the mail fram a man named David L. Burge.

David,
About 10 years ago I got a sample lesson from Mr. Burge.  It seemed primarily
directed a vocalists.  At that time, he was calling it a "relative ear training
course" and it appeared to be quite good if you are inclined to have a need for
matching pitches and/or intervals as a singer or harmony vocalist would need to
do.

Les Bartlett mentioned that He & I tested his accompniest from Singapore.  Her
pitch abilities were (to me) quite remarkable.  She would listen to a pitch,
then leave the room.  When she came back, she could tell if it were flat or
sharp.  2 beats per sec. was too close for her to call, anything over that and
she nailed it every time.

She told us that she didn't think it was any big deal because everybody that
went to her school had this degree of pitch accuracy.  She also said they
started drilling that into the students at about 4 years old.

Why not call or write David Burge.  I bet he will send you a sample lession.

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter