A new Squeak! -Reply

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:34:07 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-01-22 02:43:49 EST, David Graham writes:

<< On the subject of Yamahas that squeak,  I have two Yamaha Grands at
 the Opera House in Chicago that have developed a very quiet sqeak in
 the damper pedal >>

I have had a similar squeek on a C7. When I finally traced it down, it was
the trapwork above the rods and all the lyre work. There is a U-shaped guide
bracket lined with felt (probably action cloth) this was rubbing against the
iron trapwork. With the help of Protek (liquid, not grease) I was able to
quiet that puppy right down. No more yelping!.

Hope this helps.

John Elving, RPT
Elving's Piano Service