S&S naturals

Fri, 24 Jan 1997 16:06:07 -0800

AHA!

We've finally discovered "the problem"!

See infra:

At 09:34 AM 1/24/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Is it true that the new Steinway keyboards have a slightly longer head to=
=20
>the naturals?  More than one player has asked me if their perception is=20
>correct, but since I don=D5t see as many brand new ones anymore I didn=D5t=
=20
>know what to say.
>

>Dennis Johnson
>St. Olaf College
>

>				=D2I once suffered all night without sleep,
>				and all day without food in order to think.
>				I have since determined that this method has no=20
>				advantage to it at all, it is much better=20
>				to study.=D3
>	=09
>							-Confucius

See, the problem is that Descartes had not spent enough time reading
Confucius.  If he had, he would have realized that all those nights spent
locked in his room, staring at smoky candles, eating stale rolls and
drinking sour milk had already been done by someone eminently better
qualified for the job.  An added benefit might have been the failure of the
French Republic to crown Reason as Queen of the Universe (1789); and the
course of western history altered.

(OOPS!  Off topic.  Sorry; this is not the best of all possible worlds.)

Best to all.

Horace

Horace Greeley

Stanford University