John Travis Pin Dope Formula

TunerJeff@aol.com TunerJeff@aol.com
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 22:37:31 -0500 (EST)

Folks,

     Whenever you post a book title to the List, it's helpful to include the
following information (if available);

International Standard Serial Number (ISSN#)
International Standard Book Number (ISBN#)
Library of Congress Catalogue Card Number
Publisher (Company)
Author

     Most often the ISBN# or ISSN# will be found with the copyright info at
the beginning of the book. With these numbers in hand, your local bookseller
can locate the book (...usually).

Thanks for your time,
Jeffrey T. Hickey, RPT
Oregon Coast Piano Services
TunerJeff @ aol.com

ps- My copy of "Let's Tune Up!" was given to me by a retiring tuner, and is
first edition. Naturally it DOESN'T have an ISBN or ISSN... but it does have;

"Let's Tune Up!' by John W. Travis
Library of Congress Catalogue Number; 68-14025
Publication Press, Baltimore Maryland, (USA)
1st Edition Printing; February 1968

Hope that can help our European Union friends to locate it. It's a good book
that covers the gamut from basic music theory, acoustics, evolution of the
piano & equal temperament, basic regulation & repair, and a host of
associated topics. Mr. Travis began assembling the book as a training aid for
'instant tuners' created by wartime conditions (WWII). Scores of 20-piece
bands were assembled and shipped out with fighting units, naval ships, etc...
and each one was supposed to have it's own tuner!
The war ended before he'd finished the book, but that manuscript (dusted off
& finished) became the basis for "Let's Tune Up!". A good read.
:>)