Question

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 21:10:12 -0800

Rogerio Cunha wrote:

> I am working in an old upright German piano that has normal wood flanges and
> butts. The problem is that when you tight the butt place against the butt in
> order to fix the butt in the center pin, the pin stays loose from the butt
> because the wood of the butt on the place where the center pin make contact
> with it is used up and so you can't tight the center pin against it.
> I would like to know the best way to correct this if you can't change the butts.
> Rogerio Cunha - IC Piano Technician Guild member - Brasil

Rogerio,

I think you need to get the set of various sized center pins available
from the supply houses up here, so that you can put a larger pin in the
hinge and butt to tighten it up.  You also need the reamer set to fit
the bushing felt to the new pin.  I don't understand what you mean by
"Butt place".

Hope this helps,

Warren
--