offsetting an SAT page -Reply

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:31:47 -0600

>Keith A. McGavern wrote:
>
>> Excuse me, Kent.  You might want to test these statements on your SAT.  I
>> just did, and not only does my SAT II retain the FAC readings in a page of
>> memory, it also retains the offset I entered.  All this, after being turned
>> off and back on.
>>
>> Keith A. McGavern
>
>Keith,
>
>I think that Kent talked about the fact that you can still recall the
>newly calculated FAC numbers in the right hand window by pressing the
>stretch button as long as you don't turn the SAT off.  When you recall
>the page afterward, the figures stand at 0.0 when you press the
>stretch button.  If your SAT behaves differently, then if must be an
>improved model.
>
>Michel Lachance, RPT

Michael,

Thanks for bailing me out!  As long as you don't turn off the SAT, the
FAC numbers will appear as you describe in the right window, and can be
used to store as many records in as many pages of memory and at as many
different "offsets" as you wish.  (The offset that is present in the SAT
when the FAC tuning record is calculated and stored will be added to the
cents deviation for each individual note of the resulting FAC tuning
record.)

I always thought that the easiest way to get the SAT pitch raise function
to target a non-A=440 pitch was to calculate/store an FAC tuning with an
offset to the desired pitch level.

Kent Swafford