Unisons

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 19 May 1997 11:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

Ron, list, et al;
  This subject is full of paradoxes and Rons "uniformity of "out of
tuneness". is one more example of them.
  It might be well to note that the original question was a theoretical one,
as was the original answer.  I don't believe that anyone has actually
suggested that an entire tuning be done in this manner, only that it 'could'
be done and what the results would be.
  This is another "tool" for those 'problem' notes that don't fit and you
don't have time to pull the action for voicing or to start pin work.
  One final postulation on my part on this thread;  If we can tune a
perfectly clear unison we 'should' be able to tune to any other standard that
we might sit for ourselves.
  As for the post that 'Antares' was referring to, please just let it go by
without comment.
Y'all have a great day
Jim Bryant (FL)