hammer voicing

Mon, 19 May 1997 08:39:39 -0700

Richard,

It was Jarrett, one of the few bona fide geniuses of the profession.

In those days it would have been Helmut, although he is not longer there.
I believe that the present owner/manufacturer is Knute (Grotrian).

The conversation in which Leonard and Helmut engaged would have been, in
part, anyway, about "Klangfarben" (quite loosely translated as "tonal
color"), about which both knew a very great deal.

You mention "Robert" as your teacher.  Would that have been Robert Burton?

The dynamics you mention would have had to do with the way in which the
Duo-Art stepping mechanism worked.  I can well imagine Leonard's complete,
ah, satisfaction, with being able to demonstrate...

An enjoyable eccentric, who gave meaning to the concept of "unique".

It was an honor to have known him.

Thanks for the memories.

Best.

Horace