Plate Break after restringing-Preliminary report

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 10:03:25 -0800

JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:

>   End of sermon, but there remains her question re: She asked if the crack
> really HAD TO BE FIXED!............not a bad question really is it ?? The
> crack could be stopped by drilling through the plate at the end of the crack.
> It probably would not get any worse while it also would not get any better
> either. :-)

Jim, the crack ran directly into a small void so it can't go any further
without starting a new one on the other side which is about 3" away.
The crack width is about 1/16 at the upper end and 1/32 at the void.
The location on the scale is about 8 notes upward in the tenor from the
bass break.

>   As I see it this is not a question of liability, rather it is a question of
> satisfying your customer to the extent possible to do so. It is 'her' piano;
> It is 'her' money; follow 'her' wishes or let 'her' find someone who will.

I agree.  Thanks Jim!

Warren

--
Home of the Humor List