Plate break after restringing

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 10:41:12 -0700

At 12:06 PM 11/1/97 +0000, Barrie wrote:

>pitch, he was just fine tuning it.  Fortunately for my colleague and
>myself our public liability insurance covers us for damage arising to a
>musical instrument whilst we are servicing the musical instrument in the
>clients house, this is for one million pounds.

I carry a million dollars CDN liability (half of yours) but it doesn't
cover the piano on which I'm working, just damage to the house or concert
hall in which I'm working. My insurance company said the piano itself isn't
insured unless it's on my property, but if I set fire to a house or put a
fallboard through a plate-glass window accidentally it's covered. I'm still
responsible for any damage to the piano though.

Maybe I should look for different insurance?  From what I understand the
coverage offered to USA technicians still isn't available in Canada and the
cost of insurance is quite high. The piano liability insurance is more than
my car insurance!

		John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada