Bandsaw Advice

Thu, 06 Nov 1997 08:46:39 -0800

Lance,

At 10:08 PM 11/5/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I KNOW Delta is good, but three times the price good?  How 'bout other
>brands?  The Delta will run me $1100-$1200 after a miter guide, guides,
>fence, etc.  How 'bout best prices around? I've got other things I'd like
>to get and hate to sink more than I have to on one of them.  Thanks!

None of us really has money to waste, especially on bad/questionable
tools.

Long and bitter experience has convinced me that I should buy the best
quality I (reasonably) can.  It is more important to have something
which will cut straight longer than cheaply for a shorter period of time.
A bandsaw is one of the most versatile, important pieces of equipment
in anyone's shop, and a good one will outlast most of us.  From that
standpoint $1200 over even 12 years is only $100/year.

Idle ramblings...

Best.

Horace

Horace Greeley