SAT users

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu, 06 Nov 1997 22:58:45 -0700 (MST)

Hi Warren:

Yes I knew that F3 stretch numbers higher than 20 get truncated auto-
matically to 20. It was explained to me that if they let it go any
higher it makes other things not fit up so well. What I do in these cases
is to gradually lower the readings manually from A3 on down to wherever
the plain strings end, then I raise the upper bass notes almost the same
amount and decreasing for about 3 or 4 notes. This seems to blend
across the break a little better. I do this in addition to using the
2 page system where for the highest wound string it is measured as
though it were F3 and stored on the next page of memory.

Jim Coleman, Sr.