airline travel

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 21:14:07 -0800

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>Here is an interesting question..........
>
>Has anyone travelled on an airline and taken a standard sized tool case as
>carry on luggage?
>
>I must bring mine to New York (from Florida) to service both of my
>daughters' new pianos and I would hate to check it as ordinary baggage. Now
>I know that their local dealer should solve their complaints (a few
>sluggish dampers etc), but daddy has to do it. In addition I will be saving
>them a lot of bucks if I install the full Dampp-Chaser systems that I
>bought them and had drop shipped to their homes.
>
>I would appreciate  input on airline travel with tools. Thanks in advance.
>
>Howard S. Rosen, RPT
>Boynton Beach, Florida

I've done it MANY times and have always had to open them for security.  One
little tip:  Its a tuning LEVER, not hammer.  Security-types don't like the
word hammer.

"Tunings are like bridges... Some are more exceptional than others, but
they all get the job done."

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com