steinway verdegris is killing me

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:16:27 -0500

The only final solution is to rkeplace the butts.  I have the same
problem with a 1816 S&S K52.  After using Protek, reaming and repinning
it, like the cat, came back.  Fortunately I had only done 2/3 of the
bass section when I had to quit for some reason or other.  When I got
back to the action the centers were tightening up.  I decided then to
pay the piper (Wally Brooks) and bought a set of new butts.  $465.00
plus shipping.  But, I am confident that I will never again have a
sluggish butt again, those, not mine.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com