Delaminated pin block query

Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:05:13 -0800

Les,

Now, now.  Has it been that long since you've seen
"The President's Analyst"?

Seriously though, folks, I do agree.  I have several catagories
of saved threads.

No one should be afraid to ask any sort of question, I think.
It took me no small amount of time to realize that the only
stupid ones were the ones I didn't ask.

Best to all.

Horace

At 05:25 PM 11/18/97 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Newton Hunt wrote:
>
>> Les, I once tuned a Scheidmeyer under 5' that was one impressive little
>> piano.  Incredible bass, very tunable and a nice action.  It was pre
>> 1900 as well.
>> An example of careful engineering and uncompromising construction.
>> It CAN be done.
>>
>> 	Newton
>
>While I've never seen an under-five-foot grand which I considered in
>any way to be "outstanding", such qualitative opinions--however broad-
>ly-based--are, by nature, subjective and reflect only one person's
>opinion--mine. The great value of PIANOTECH lies in the fact that it
>brings together the diverse opinions and experiences of a large number
>of technicians. The hope being that through the interaction of a large
>number of subjectives, something approaching the objective can eventual-
>ly be achieved. Of course, the whole process is greatly aided when one
>of the subjectives is coming from Newton, one of the true "E.F. Huttons"
>of PIANOTECH, in that, "When he speaks, people listen"! and rightly so.
>
>Les Smith
>
>PS It goes without saying that PIANOTECH is fortunate to be able to count
>among its ranks a number of "E.F. Hutton"-types. YOU know who you are and
>WE know who you are, and are certainly grateful for your willingness to
>share your experience and expertise with the rest of us. In fact, The
>benefits of this forum are so great that it makes one wonder how a tech
>today could afford NOT to be on this list. Replies are frequently so quick
>that I can envision the day when a tech with a portable computer and modem
>could pose a question from a customer's home and receive help with his
>problem as he waits on-line. Impressive, or what?!
>
>LS

Horace Greeley

Systems Analyst/Engineer
Controller's Office