tight pinning

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 19:51:45 -0600

I am Cajun French living here in Louisiana, near New Orleans.  I am all
French... all over.  I live in an extremely humid place and I regularly use
PURE methanol with 5-20% water mixture.  A hair dryer or low wattage heat
lamp will expedite this process.  Just be careful not to overdo it.  I am
installing an entire set of Steinway whippin flanges and am sizing them
with this solution.  Once you figure on the right combination of heat and
mixture, it goes fast and is very consistent.  I've never had a problem(in
10 years) doing this.  Check the # of swings and duplicate what you've
done.  I also do this when I rebush flanges. Good luck from
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net