coming up

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:00:53 -0600

Dear list,
Today I tuned 3 pianos at a suburban Methodist church.  The new pastor
greeted me with his left hand, as his right arm was not all there.  It is
difficult many times to decide how to shake hands or whatever but I seemed
to manage without looking to foolish.  The man was friendly, outgoing, and
talkative and in probably his early 60's.
This afternoon I came home and resumed work on my piano bench building and
got to play with my woodworking tools.  Such a joy to use tools and to have
two hands and all your facilities (most of them, anyway) to do the same.  I
thought of him while I was working with the tools and came to the
realization of how thankful I am to be able to work, to work at a
profession I love, to be creative, to make money, to establish and keep
friendships, and, since this year, to correspond with all of you.  We are
all truly blest.  May we all continue to be.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Only my best is good enough"