Pesky pitman problem

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:23:10 -0800

On Nov. 23, Theodore Mamel wrote:
>                   You have alreadyfound your answer. Its the same problem
>thet exists In the infamous Baldwin "B" & "C" new Chickerings ect. The pin
in
>the Pitman is too short. <<

    Funny thing, but the only other time I've had a problem like this was
with a new Baldwin Chickering.  And I remember using the same sort of
expletives with that piano, too.  The pin in the pitman was falling out of
that one, so I glued it back in and everything has worked fine since.  What
I was probably doing was extending its length without even realizing it.
    Thanks for everyone else's good suggestions.  It's always handy to have
more solutions than less and if they don't apply for the current situation,
I'm sure they will work for some other piano in the future.
    I will let the list know of it was the short pin syndrome this time
around.
    Jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Bainbridge Island, WA