Square Grands

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@pianoguy.com
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:32:42 -0400

Square fans;
I have to agree with Bob.... . . . while most of the sq grands I come
across are owned by people who think they got a bargain, and who usually
don't play, I have a customer for whom I restored, in a minor way, a
Steinway from 1873.  The customer bought it at an auction for $1500.  It
had already been repinned and restrung by a previous tech ( unknown ) and
all it relly needed was some regulation , dampers and a tuning or two. . .
. It sounds GREAT !!!!. I had my cabinet guy make a matching bench; he hand
carved scaled down legs to match the piano
( he has the patience of JOB ).
What I'm saying is that not all squares are junk.

Jim Kinnear
The PianoGuy,
jkinnear@pianoguy.com