player pianos

Clarence Zeches czeches@toccoafalls.edu
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:39:45 -0400

I have a Simplex player stack which I am rebuilding.  This has the valves
in the pnumatics.  The top valve seals were originally set in with burn-in
shellac.  What is burn-in shellac?  Is it the old stick shellac? If so, how
do you heat it and seal it around the metal rings without damaging the new
valve leather? I am also wondering if the plastic type glues will work in
place of the burn-in shellac? I tried one and it seems ok.  I would
appreciate any help someone can give me.  Thanks																			Clarence
Zeches RPT