Factory key weights

Norm Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Sat, 04 Oct 1997 00:35:43 -0500

I do not see a copyright notice in the Kimball Grand Regulation book so here
is their instructions for a key weight.

List of Materials:
1 pc. 3/8 dia. all thread x 20" long
2 ea. washers 1" o.d. x 3/8" i.d.
220 ea. washers 1 3/8" o.d.x 5/8" i.d.
2 ea. hex nuts for the 3/8 all thread

Put all the 1 3/8 washers on the all thread.
Put one 1" washer on either end and thread on the hex nut until all the
washers touch one another, but are still able to slide up and down.

With the action stack removed lay this weight across the back of a section
of keys when doing the key height/key level operations in place of the usual
clip on lead weights.

I have made one of these up and it works quite well. If you wanted to work
more than one section at a time you could make up more weights.

Norm Barrett
Memphis, TN